Fall 2013: This semester, I’m teaching DTU Course 02805: Social graphs and interactions.
Spring 2013: Last semester, I taught DTU Course 02822: Social data modeling.
Fall 2012: I taught DTU Course 02821: Web and social interaction.
Spring 2012: I taught DTU Course 02817: Personalization and Metadata Models (shared with Michael Kai Petersen).
Spring 2011: I taught DTU Course 02817: Personalization and Metadata Models (shared with Michael Kai Petersen).
I’m always looking for talented master’s students. To apply, please send me an application letter with a CV and a research statement.
Master & Bachelor Level
I know this might seem a bit excessive, but I’m currently advising so many students that it’s impossible to say yes to every new prospective student. For that reason, I’ve started a simple application procedure that should ensure maximum fairness. To get the process started, please fill out and email me the official application form along with an up to date list of grades.
Ongoing Student projects
I’m currently advisor (or co-advisor) for the following projects:
- Vedran Sekara: Temporal Dynamics of High Resolution Networks
- Piotr Sapieżyński: To be determined
- Corneliu Ionut Sugar. Quantified Social Self: Visualisation System for a Social Environment
- Riccardo Pietri. Privacy in Computational Social Science
- Alexandru Marcu. Predictability in Temporal Networks
- Jose Luis Bellod Cisneros. Analysis and Visualization of Personal Communication Patterns
- Radu Calin Gatej. An Adaptive Approach to Sensor Management in a Mobile Sensing Application Context
- Ana Martic. Predictability of Human Behavior using Mobility and Rich Social Data.
- Zhi Zhang. Real-time Monitoring of a Rich Social Data Infrastructure.
Past student projects
- Søren Dalsgaard Ulrikkeholm. Architecture of a Large-Scale Sociometer Project (Spring 2013)
- Andrea Cuttone. Mobile feedback interface for quantified self data. (Spring 2013)
- Andrii Sereda. Designing a Context-Aware Campus Area Gaming Environment for Mobile Platforms. (Spring 2013)
- Piotr Sapiezynski. Measuring Patterns of Human Behavior Through Fixed-Location Sensors.(Spring 2013)
- Jose Luis de la Pena Fernandez: Unifying Social Networks for Smart Phones. (Spring 2012)
- Jakub Sternik. Estimating user sentiment based on social network and mobile sensor data. (Spring 2012)
- Lukasz Dariusz Dynowski and Marcos Antonio Fuentes. Exploring spatio-temporal data from distributed Bluetooth scanning. (Spring 2012)
- Félix Manuel Rubio Gallego-Preciados. Inferring social networks from distributed Bluetooth scanning. (Spring 2012)
- Bo Stendal Sørensen: A real-time design for highly complex network data. (Spring 2012)
- Maciej Janusz Krajowski-Kukiel: Modelling And Visualization Of A Bridge Player’s Performance. (Fall 2011)
- Jakub Ratajczak: Learning behavioural patterns in a mobile context using smartphones. (Fall 2011)
- Christian Raaby: Recognizing context using smartphones and social network analysis. (Fall 2011)
- Marco Veluscek: Sentiment detection in short texts. (Spring 2011)
- Frederik Bo Albeck: Development of a mobile application for indoor navigation. (Spring 2012)
- Michael Scharff Jensen: Personality and behavior in online social networks. (Spring 2012)
- Nicolai Guldager Jensen and Oliver Egeris Groth: Integration of DTU CampusNet and Facebook. (Spring 2011)
- Emil Lysgaard Hansen and Søren Fuhr: A Context-Aware Mobile Application for Creating “Ad Hoc” CampusNet Groups. (Spring 2011)