Just back from a great NetSci conference at Northwestern University. Aside from being an excellent meeting with plenty of interesting talks and opportunities to meet with old friends, the conference was a reminder that NetSci 2013 is approaching rapidly.
At the conference, Petter Holme and I managed to recruit a great set of new committee members to help organize next year’s conference. In addition to Petter and myself, the organizing team now counts
- Katharina Zweig as the technical chair, responsible for submissions.
- Jan O. Haerter is the chair of registration.
- Isabel Meirelles has graciously promised to do a redesign of the NetSci visual identity.
- Philipp Hövel will be the chair of satellites (so let him know if you’re interested in running a satellite event).
- Bruno Gonçalves is going to be the web chair, responsible for the content of the netsci website.
- In Copenhagen Joachim Mathiesen is organizing all things local.
- And finally, Alan Mislove runs the NetSci web-infrastructure with a steady hand.
With this amazing team, help from the Network Science Society, and a superb venue (see below), I’m sure that NetSci 2013 is well under way. But we could always use more help, so let me know if you have any ideas for how you can help make NetSci 2013 the best ever. We’re also always looking for volunteers to help us run the conference itself.