- Eine Uni als Big Brother. Zeit No. 50 (printed December 4.12.2014). A nice feature on our SensibleDTU project. Only in german.
- Dine tweets afslører fremtidens iPhone-salg. videnskab.dk (October 14th, 2014). Comment on on Twitter research. Only in Danish.
- Vores forskning er ikke til salg. Kronik in Politiken (July 28th, 2014). Only in Danish.
- Our project on strong ties (The Strength of Strongest Ties in Collaborative Problem Solving) is covered in these articles:
- Why networking doesn’t work. MIT News (June 24th, 2014).
- New Study Reveals The Strength Of The Strongest Ties In Collaborative Problem Solving. Technology.org (June 26th, 2014).
- Problemløsning: Personlig kontakt er vigtigere end evner. DR.dk (July 13th, 2014). Only in Danish.
- Ny forskning: Personlige relationer slår teknisk kunnen. computerworld.dk (July 21st, 2014).
- Relationer er vigtigere end evner. Videnscenter for Arbejdsmiljø (August 7th, 2014). Only in Danish.
- What makes teams successful? Gigaom (August 10th, 2014).
- Strong personal links boost joint problem solving. DTU News (August 11th, 2014). Danish version here.
- A bunch of strange mentions in Swedish and Norwegian. Here, here, here, and here.
- Får apps som Endomondo os til at træne mere? videnskab.dk (June 19th, 2014). Article about our project measuring influence in social networks. Only in Danish.
- Does Facebook get us to move more? Science In The City (June 17th, 2014). Article about our project measuring influence in social networks. Danish link here.
- ¿Puede Twitter predecir grandes acontecimientos? ABC Tecnologia (February 20th, 2014). About predicting events using Twitter. Only in Spanish.
- Rapport spår masseflugt fra Facebook. DR.dk (January 23rd, 2014). Debunking silly report on Facebook demise. Only in Danish.
- Banksy in Boston? Nope, just bots in Copenhagen. Boston.com – Inside the Hive (December 4th, 2013). My DTU class on Twitter Bots spread (false) rumors about the famous prankster Banksy in Boston and was featured on Boston.com (Boston Globe’s website).
- Sune Lehmann: van big data naar deep data. Marketingfacts. (November 17th, 2013). Interviewed for Dutch marketing blog. Only available in Dutch.
- Reinventing Social Sciences in the Age of Big Data. Science Rock Stars (November 13th, 2013). Interviewed by the marketing firm Science Rock Stars.
- Big Data III: Ich, das byte: “Wir Müssen für den besitz unserer daten kämpfen”. Arte Future (November 2013). Featured in part III or Arte’s (French/German TV station) webseries on Big Data. Only available in French/German.
- Data trackers monitor your life so they can nudge you. New Scientist (November 7th, 2013). Feature article about our ongoing SensibleDTU project.
- Why We Can’t Use Social Media To Predict Riots. Fast Company (July 17th, 2013). Small quote in article on twitter and predicting riots.
- Den store revolution er stadig foran os [danish only]. Information (June 22nd, 2013). Interviewed for feature on Big Data.
- Apps kan lære os om om virkelighedens sociale netværk [danish only]. Berlingske Tidende (May 7th, 2013) [PDF]. As part of their special magazine feature on mobile apps. Lots of colorful pictures.
- Pi for de sociale cirkler [danish only]. Weekendavisen (March 22nd, 2013) [PDF]. About my project, SensibleDTU
- DTU-app: Sådan kommunikerer vi med Facebook, SMS og ansigt til ansigt [danish only]. Ingeniøren (web). (February 25th, 2013).
- Massiv strøm af data åbner en ny verden [danish only]. Ingeniøren (February 22nd, 2013) [PDF]. SensibleDTU is part of a cover story on Big Data.
- Her er dit liv i data [danish only, audio]. Harddisken på P1 (Februar 1st, 2013). You can listen to the program on DR’s home page – the part on SensibleDTU starts about halfway in.
- High Resolution Networks/Ultra detaljerede komplekse netværk. Villumfondets årsskrift (January 23rd, 2013). A little overview, written by yours truly about my work. [DK link, EN link, both PDF].
- Smartphones bidrager til videnskaben [danish only]. Det Unge Akademis Aarsskrift (January, 2013) [PDF]. Another little article about my work.
- An ambitious data collection project in Copenhagen. The Sociograph (October 6th, 2012, blog).
- Making sense of the ant hill. An article on my research was featured on the cover of the local DTU paper (June 4th, 2012).
- The art of networks. Our TwitterMood viz was featured in an exhibit at Foosaner art Museum. makinguse Blog (March 21st, 2012).
- Facebook, Twitter og LinkedIn på matematisk formel [in Danish]. Dansk Erhvervsavis #1, 2012 (January 18th, 2012).
- Assistant professor Sune Lehmann Jørgensen is granted DKK 6,979,125 from VILLUM FONDEN. DTU Informatics News (January 6th, 2012).
- To DTU-forskere hædres for deres indsats for dansk erhvervsliv [in Danish]. DTU News (December 16th, 2011).
- Tweets move faster than earthquakes. Washington Post (August 25th, 2011).
- Forecast your New Year. New York Post (January 6th, 2011).
- Twittermood (July 2010). Our project on mapping the mood of twitter received world wide press attention. The coverage is too extensive to list here – details can be found in a separate section below.
- Tweeting the elections. News @ Northeastern (November 2nd, 2010).
- Showing the Spread of MFN Agreements. The Monkey Cage (June 22nd, 2010).
- Complex Networks Made Simpler. News @ Northeastern (June 21st, 2010).
- Taking the temperature of COP15 via twitter. Mindjumpers Blog (December 11th, 2009).
- Visualizing Moods on Twitter. Data Mining: Text Mining, Visualization and Social Media (August 12th, 2009).
- The Curious Case of the Polio Virus Learn Node. GoldenSwamp (March-April 2009 edition).
- Revolutionäre Rechnungen [in German]. Laborjournal Online (February 2nd, 2007).
- Uorden i rangorden [in Danish]. Niels Bohr Institute News (January 5th, 2007).
- Dansk undersøgelse i Nature: Vi måler forskningens kvalitet forkert [in Danish]. Ingeniøren (December 21st, 2006).
- Statistical Noise. Editor’s commentary. Nature (December 21st, 2006).
- Older stuff in Danish (mostly for my Mom).
- Mellem kæmper og fodnoter. Aktuel Naturvidenskab (October, 2006).
- Feministisk gennembrud ved OL 2636. Ingeniøren (October 29th, 2004).
- Fremtidens Computer. Bitconomy (November 23rd, 2001).
- Fascineret af Fysik. Gymnasieskolen (#23, 2001).
- Hvis en vinternat en stjernekigger. Information (March 15th, 2001).
- Tweets Map the Country’s Mood. CBS Evening News with Katie Couric (July 23rd). Watch the video here. Transcript available here.
- America’s moods mapped using Twitter. Fox News 25 (July 23rd, 2010). Watch here.
- Scientists Use Twitter to Track Nation’s Mood. Fox News (July 28th, 2010). Watch here.
- Mapping Moods: Twitter Proves the West Coast is Happier. CBS 3 (August 2nd, 2010). Watch here.
News, papers, and periodicals
- There’s Wisdom in Those Tweets. Scientific American (October 7th, 2010).
- When Life Is Sweet, According to Our Tweets. New York Times (July 24th, 2010).
- 300 Million Tweets Reveal the Afternoon at Work Is the Unhappiest Time of Day. New York Times (July 23rd, 2010). [VentureBeat]
- Tracking the National Mood Through Twitter. New York Times (July 22nd, 2010). [Bits]
- Thursday, the Unhappiest Day. New York Times (August 5th, 2010). [By the Numbers]
- America: Are you Happy? BBC (July 23rd, 2010).
- Thursday: Twitter’s Angriest Day. Time Magazine (July 22nd, 2010).
- Are West Coast Tweeters Happier Than Their East Coast Counterparts? Vanity Fair (July 22nd, 2010).
- Twitter Reveals West Coast Happier Than East Coast, Say Scientists. New York Magazine (July 22nd 2010).
- Proof From Twitter Research: Floridians Happier Than Rest of the Bitter Nation. Miami New Times (July 22nd, 2010).
- California much more jovial than East Coast, study finds. LA Times (July 23rd, 2010).
- Twitter Used To Gauge The Nation’s Mood. Wall Street Journal (July 24th, 2010).
- Study of Twitter users finds daily, hourly mood swings. USA Today (July 28th, 2010).
- Twitter Visualization Shows When We Are Happiest. SF Gate/San Francisco Chronicle (July 21st, 2010).
- Twitter Mood: The Pulse of the Nation. CBS News (July 22nd, 2010).
- Happy People: Researchers Pinpoint Smiles (And Frowns) Using Twitter. National Public Radio (July 23rd, 2010). [all tech considered]
- Is The West Coast Happier? Twitter Says Yes. National Public Radio (July 22nd, 2010). [The Picture Show]
- Time-Lapse Twitter Visualization Shows America’s Moods. Mashable (July 21st, 2010).
- Twitter ‘Mood Map’ Tracks The Nation’s Happiness. Huffington Post (July 23rd, 2010).
- Twitter finds West Coast is happier than East. CNET (July 22nd, 2010).
- Researchers Analyze 300 Million Tweets to Create Mood Ring for America. Gawker (July 22nd, 2010).
- Map Measures U.S. Mood on Twitter. Technorati (July 22nd, 2010).
- Twitter Gauges Nation’s Mood. The Daily Beast (July 23rd, 2010).
- Twitter Research Proves California Is a Far Happier Place Than New York. Slate (July 16th, 2010). [The Big Money]
- The moodiness of the US, as told by Twitter. Engadget (July 27th, 2010).
Our side of the story
- Do we tweet when we’re in certain moods? Big Questions online (July 26th, 2010).
- Is twitter a national mood ring? CNN (August 6th, 2010).
The most comprehensive list of stories that covered the project can be found here.
One response to “Press”
[…] In the Press […]